This chapter covers the various training activities.
- Speed Measurement Unit — Set the speed measurement unit to either words per minute or characters per minute.
- Targets — Determine and set your speed and accuracy targets.
- Essential Tips — Watch a short video on the seven principles for learning to type successfully and effectively.
- Initial Test — Take the initial test to set a benchmark for your progress.
- Training Activities
- Exercises — Learn how exercises are designed.
- Improvement Activities — Learn how improvement activities will help you improve.
- Texts — Learn how to practice typing in realistic settings.
- Tests — Learn how the tests are designed.
- Monkeys in Jeopardy — Take a peek at this game, where you have to type a series of characters to extend a vine to monkeys threatened by a storm.
- Cosmik Ball — Take a peek at this game, where you have to type unique characters to keep a cosmic ball captive.
- Characters to Type — Select an area of the keyboard containing characters you’d like to get better at typing.
- Difficulty Levels — Select the difficulty level that will give you the most stimulating challenge.
- High Scores — See the different high score lists to measure yourself against other family members, if applicable.